India extends ban on international passenger flights
India extends ban on international passenger flights

The Civil Aviation Organization said on Friday that the extension of scheduled international flights to and from the country had been extended until 31 August amid the Corona virus pandemic.

 

 

The suspension of international commercial services scheduled until July 31 and following the epidemic, foreign flights were suspended in late March while cargo flights and those agreed by the General Directorate of Civil Aviation were permitted to operate.

The General Directorate of Civil Aviation said in a statement that the government decided to "extend the comment on scheduled commercial international passenger services to / from India until 2359 hours, India time, on August 31."

However, this restriction will not apply to all international freight operations and flights specifically approved by the General Directorate of Civil Aviation.

The statement said that during the suspension period, more than 2,500 repatriation flights were approved by foreign airlines to lift stranded passengers to / from India.

It added that under the Vand Bharat mission, Air India and Air India Express lifted 2,67,436 stranded passengers, and other charters lifted 4,86,811 stranded passengers from July 6 to 30.

As part of allowing the gradual movement of passenger traffic in an epidemiological situation, "transport bubble" agreements have been signed with the United States, France and Germany.

"Recently, a" bubble transport "agreement was signed with Kuwait to lift stranded passengers to and from India. Other similar arrangements are likely to weaken and facilitate passenger movements from various countries," the statement said.

These bilateral agreements allow the operation of flights between the two countries subject to a set of regulations.

International aviation services to and from India have been suspended since March 23 due to the epidemic.