If you are a highly qualified individual living and working in Abu Dhabi, you may soon be able to apply for a golden visa, which offers long-term residency options in the emirate.
The 'Prosper in Abu Dhabi' program promotes long-term golden visas and a path to citizenship for international working talent, creativity, study, distinction and investment in key sectors and disciplines in Abu Dhabi.
While the path to obtain citizenship will be announced later, according to the official website of the Abu Dhabi government, those interested in applying for a long-term five-year or 10-year visa can find out if they qualify, by checking the detailed requirements for each category.
The UAE Golden Visa is available in Abu Dhabi for international investors and top talent from all over the world, as it grants them visas for a period of up to 10 years. This includes professionals and researchers in areas of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, and inventors. It is also open to talented and creative individuals, athletes, start-ups, and real estate investors in the emirate.
Who is eligible for the "Prosper in Abu Dhabi" golden visa program?
The following categories can apply for the golden visa:
1. Investors (including real estate)
2. Business people
3. Student with promising scientific ability (including high school students and university graduates)
4. Special talents
• the doctors
Designs (art and culture)
• Executive Directors
Educators (in priority areas)
Merit - aptitude
For each category of the Golden Visa Program - Abu Dhabi thrives on its own set of criteria for 5 or 10 year visa options. Below are the eligibility criteria for each category.
There are two types of Golden Visas available to investors:
• Investor visa - for anyone who invests in non-real estate projects and companies in Abu Dhabi
• Real estate investor visa - for those who invest in real estate in Abu Dhabi
Investors in Abu Dhabi are entitled to obtain a 10-year visa if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
• A minimum of two million dirhams for a capital deposit in an investment fund / bank account inside Abu Dhabi
• Establishing a company with a value of 2 million dirhams or more in Abu Dhabi or a partner in an existing or new company with a financial contribution of not less than 2 million dirhams
• Own a company that regularly pays federal government taxes of 250,000 dirhams per year or more
Become a partner in a company that pays federal taxes, with a financial contribution of at least 250,000 dirhams in taxes per year or more
Investments must be kept for at least two years after the visa is issued.
The investor visa includes visas for spouses, children, one counselor and one CEO.
The visa holder can sponsor a domestic worker, according to the relevant regulations.
Investor visa applicants must submit:
An official bank account statement for the last six months (the bank could be in the United Arab Emirates or abroad)
• Business license
• A tax clearance certificate