In compliance with regulatory directives or operational requirements issued by governments and authorities around the world as part of addressing the spread of the Corona Virus 12 Arab airlines announced the cancellation of all their international scheduled flights
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), airlines in the region have taken extensive measures to reduce costs and mitigate the financial consequences associated with the outbreak, but due to the ban on air traffic, along with international and regional restrictions on travel, carriers are witnessing a significant decline in their revenue .
Here is a list of 12 Arab airlines that announced the cancellation of all their regular international flights, and some of these companies excluded domestic flights or those designated for shipping.
1. Saudi Airlines: suspending all flights temporarily, as of March 15, 2020, until further notice.
2. Royal Jordanian: Suspension of passenger flights from 17 to 31 March 2020.
3. Emirates Airlines: In compliance with the directives of the Emirates government, the airline will temporarily suspend all passenger flights for a period of two weeks from March 25.
4. Air Arabia: temporarily suspending all its flights to and from the UAE as of March 26, 2020, for a period of two weeks.
5. Etihad Airways: temporarily suspend all its flights to, from and via Abu Dhabi from 25 March for a period of 14 days.
6. flydubai: flights temporarily suspended from Thursday 26 March 2020 to 9 April as part of the precautionary measures.
7. FlyNas: suspend all flights for a period of two weeks, starting from March 15, 2020.
8. Royal Air Maroc: Suspend all international and domestic flights until further notice.
9. Egypt Air: suspending international flights until further notice in the context of the precautionary measures issued by the authorities.
10. Kuwait Airways: suspending international flights in precautionary measures against the outbreak of the new Corona virus.
11. Jazeera Airways: After the cabinet decided to close Kuwait International Airport, the airline suspended all its flights.
12. Air Algerie: cancel all international flights from March 18, 2020 until April 4, 2020.